Wild Child Conference set for September 14, 2021August 24, 2021
The Wild Child Conference Committee is excited to announce the details of this year’s event. The 2021 Wild Child Conference will be held on Tuesday, September 14 from 9 am to 1 pm via Zoom. Attendees will learn to enhance their compassion and understanding of behavioral differences.
Our speaker is Ariana DeAngelis, M.Ed., Training Manager, The Autism Project. She writes and conducts training on Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) with target audiences of teachers, administrators, social workers, medical professionals, community workers, and businesspeople. Ariana has a Bachelor’s degree in Developmental Psychology (Emmanuel College) and a Master’s in Special Education (Bridgewater University). She served as a special education teacher at The League School of Greater Boston (Walpole, MA), the International School of Florence (Florence, IT), and Malden High School (Malden, MA).
Participants will learn:
- To understand the characteristics of an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis.
- How to set up a “system of support”.
- To understand how Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Disabilities, and other executive functioning challenges present underlying skill deficits.
- To engage in a discussion of interventions and supports.
- About elopement behaviors, and how to prevent and respond to them.
- About different types of visual schedules.
- AND MUCH MORE!!!
To register, follow this link or visit our Facebook page @Wild Child Conference or click here: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PXMh6pa0QXuATFF1qhN2qQ
The conference will provide attendees who complete the training in full with 3.5 Continuing Educational Credits.
The event is $15 per person which will be collected via PayPal upon registration.